The Creative Coast is seeking a part-time coding instructor to teach youth in grades 3rd to 8th grade how to code! Kids Kode has traditionally served as a summer camp through our partnership with local community centers. We’re looking to bring youth opportunities in the fall as well!
What you’ll be doing:
– Assist in identifying the right curriculum for the Kids Kode program
– Utilize established curriculum to teach kids programming at community centers in Savannah
– Set up the course schedule
What we’re looking for:
– Someone with coding experience
– Someone who is both encouraging and patient as they work with multiple kids
– Someone who is passionate about STEAM/STEM education
– It’s not a requirement, but if you’ve got past experience working as a teacher or within the field of education, that’s a plus!
(This could be a great position for a teacher seeking some work on the side)
If you’re interested in the position, please send a cover letter explaining why you’d like to be the instructor for Kids Kode along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.