- This event has passed.
UGA SBDC’s 8(a) Certification Step-by-Step
June 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
This course is designed for existing small business owners considering applying for certification in the U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development Program.
The goal of the session is to enhance the knowledge of how to apply and be accepted into the 8(a) program, consistent with the program requirements and guidelines.
This class will be presented in a way to demystify the myths about the 8(a) program and outline a practical process for the potential applicant.
– A clear understanding of program entry requirements
– 8(a) checklists and guidelines to follow when applying
– Sample narratives on how to demonstrate a socially dis-advantage claim
– Overview and examples of why companies are denied entry
– The latest and up-to-date news concerning the 8(a) program
– Gain insights into the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program application process.
– Understand the perspective of what SBA looks for when reviewing applications
– Identify strategies to think about to get the most out of the 8(a) program
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance
Entrepreneurs need an organization that has qualified people to help us with our business venture. SBDC offers webinars that help small businesses enhance their business. This is great.
The Creative Coast calendar is powered by The Events Calendar.