- This event has passed.
ONLINE ATDC EVENT: CUSTOMER DISCOVERY LAB
March 4 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm EST
Most technology startups fail. Why? They start executing before they have a sound business model. What about you? Have you discovered a scalable and profitable business model yet? Customer Discovery Lab is designed for both community and student entrepreneurs.
Customer Discovery Labs are designed for ATDC Educate members. Customer Discovery Lab uses a combination of teaching methodologies from Customer Discovery (get out of the building), Lean Startup (iterative loop of experimentation), Startup Engineering (disprove your assumptions), and the Business Model Canvas to uncover your compelling business model.
After this multi-week program, you will have identified the core of your business model – your customer segment and value proposition. Or you may discover there isn’t one. And that’s OK too. It’s better to find out now than after spending years and a fortune only to find out you were wrong.
How does it work?
1. Multi-week intensive program. You should commit to attend every week.
2. Each week, make assumptions about what needs to be true about your business model to succeed.
3. Design tests to disprove each assumptions.
4. Collect data and interpret the results.
5. Update your business model canvas based on what you have learned.
6. Present your findings to the teaching team and get thoroughly thrashed.
You will be expected to talk to at least 10 potential customers each week.
Once you begin Customer Discovery Lab you are then expected to attend every subsequent Thursday until you graduate.
The Creative Coast calendar is powered by The Events Calendar.