- This event has passed.
Georgia Tech Georgia Manufacturing 4.0 Initiative – Industry Listening Day
February 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm ESTFREE
We cordially invite you to join us for a virtual Industry Listening Day scheduled for February 11th 2022, as we prepare to launch the Georgia Manufacturing 4.0 Initiative, as supported by funding from the Department of Defense, Office of Local Defense Community Cooperation and further compete to realize the establishment of an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Manufacturing Pilot Facility and the establishment of the AI Manufacturing Technology Corridor across all manufacturing sectors as part of EDA’s Build Back Better Regional Challenge (BBBRC). This will be a great opportunity to listen and learn from our industry partners regarding the technical, education and workforce challenges and opportunities in realizing Manufacturing 4.0 and how Artificial and Augmented Intelligence technologies can serve as an enabler. AI enabled manufacturing will play a significant role in the efficiency, growth and long-term sustainability of advanced manufacturing in the state of Georgia and the Southeast region.
Below is the agenda which will drive our discussion as well as the registration link. There will be two break-out sessions. One will focus on technology while and the other on education and workforce training. Please indicate your preference.
12:00-12:15 Welcome, Introduction to Georgia Manufacturing 4.0 – Aaron Stebner, Georgia Tech
12:15-12:30 State of Industry 4.0 Adoption in Georgia Manufacturing: Manufacturer Survey Results – Sean Madhavaraman, Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership
12:30-1:00 Discussion Session #1: Adoption of Industry 4.0 Technologies in Georgia
- [Poll] Which Industry 4.0 technologies have you adopted to date?
- [Poll] Which Industry 4.0 technologies are Georgia manufacturers considering adopting in the near term (1-3 years)?
- [Poll] Which Industry 4.0 technologies are Georgia manufacturers considering adopting in the longer term (4-10 years)?
- What challenges are you struggling with as you consider adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies?
- Which technologies will be most valuable to you as part of the Artificial Intelligence Manufacturing Pilot Facility (AI-MPF)?
1:00-1:05 Stretch B
- What workforce training programs would help prepare your workforce for Industry 4.0 adoption?
1:05-1:40 Breakout Discussion Session #2B: Developing AI-MPF Innovation Projects
- What AI-MPF project co-development opportunities are of interest to industry?
1:40-1:55 Industry Involvement in Georgia Tech-led Economic Development Agency Opportunity
1:55-2:00 Closing Remarks
The Creative Coast calendar is powered by The Events Calendar.