Support Entrepreneurship and STEAM Programs for Savannah's Youth!
At The Creative Coast, we are passionate about growing entrepreneurship and STEAM education here in the Coastal Georgia Region. Here are three major reasons why...
- With the right education and opportunities, the next generation of leaders and innovators can solve some of the world’s biggest problems!
- STEAM education is building the future workforce to meet the growing worker needs of the tech industry.
- On average, STEM workers have higher median earnings (over $20k more) than non-STEM workers providing more financial opportunity. Source: National Science Foundation [2021, August 31]. The STEM Labor Force of Today: Scientists, Engineers, and Skilled Technical Workers.
That's why we host programming to foster creativity and innovation amongst Savannah's youth!
In 2021, we were able to serve over 100 youth through our STEAM programs. In 2022 we were able to increase that number by 50 students through programs such as Girls Code and our Mad Scientist STEAM Camp for boys and girls in collaboration with Operation One STEM at a Time. In 2023, we want to double this number to 300 children served, but we can't do it without the support of the community.
Our eSTEAM Fund is dedicated to cultivating entrepreneurship, Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Mathematics programming for K-12 youth in the region. 100% of the funds raised go to support our local organizations, clubs, camps, and teachers educating Savannah's youth on entrepreneurship and/or STEAM.
Through the fund, we host Girls Code programming and STEAM camps and workshops to reach underserved youth in the greater Savannah area. You can learn more about each of these local programs by scrolling below.
Here are several ways you can help. We appreciate any way you can contribute!
- Please donate to the fund in whatever amount suits your budget.
- Share this page with others in your network to garner awareness about our eSTEAM initiative and help raise funds. Spread the word on social media, via email, and in your networks/groups about our eSTEAM initiative.
- Attend our year-end fundraiser and holiday party in December. Stay tuned for details!
Learn About Our K-12 STEAM Programs
Girls Code is a Savannah-based educational coding program for girls in 5th to 8th grade at Savannah Chatham County Public Schools. The program offers several events per year focusing on providing unique code education in a fun and supportive environment to cultivate young women’s interests in computer programming. Volunteer instructors provide a learning environment where young women are introduced to the fundamental principles, technologies, and skills associated with computer programming and Internet technologies.
Read about the 2022 Girls Code Games Summer Camp here.
Summer STEAM Camps
We work with the Founder of the Operation One STEM at a Time program Ambria Berksteiner to provide hands-on, design-thinking, and problem-solving activities for K-12 boys and girls to creatively learn about topics like circuitry, hydraulics, and more. Learn about the 2022 Mad Scientist Summer Camps Ambria led here.
Learn more about Operation Changing the World One STEM at a Time by visiting them on Instagram at @operationonestematatime.
You can donate to support any or all of our STEAM programs. If you'd prefer to donate to a particular program, please include which program (i.e. - Girls Code or Summer STEAM Camps) you'd like to support in the "Comment" section of your donation.
Donate to the eSTEAM Fund
Thank you for your contribution to the eSTEAM Fund, an education fund curated by The Creative Coast!