We are seeking marketing apprentices in the Savannah area.
We are interested in entry-level marketing specialists who can join our team and contribute in a controlled experiential environment. Be prepared to explain what you bring to the table!
Day-to-day duties will vary across projects for the semester, so expect to work on social media, SEO practices, WordPress websites, writing blog posts/press releases/news stories, creating graphics, taking videos/photos and editing, curating and designing newsletters, and crafting online and print communications. To learn more about the organizations you will be working with visit, https://saltsav.com/ and https://thecreativecoast.org.
- 0 to 3 years of experience using WordPress websites
- 0 to 3 years of graphic design experience
- 0 to 3 years of writing experience
- 0 to 3 years of social media management experience
- 0 to 3 years of experience in photography, videography, and editing
- Degree in or currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or post-graduate degree program in marketing, public relations, journalism, or professional communications from an accredited US-based university preferred.
Apprentices should be self-starters that can handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment. Deadlines are an important part of the job so timeliness and prioritization are essential skills to have. Additionally, candidates should display a continual learning pattern and a desire to broaden their marketing and communications skills. The apprentices will work with a small team of apprentices and an experienced marketing mentor who will provide feedback and guidance.
In Your First Week:
- Meet your team and settle in with your schedule!
- Review our current lineup of projects and learn about our systems and processes.
- Attend planning meetings with the team.
In Your First Month:
- Work on a dedicated project to adapt to the tools, processes, and deadlines required
- Familiarize yourself with the design guidelines, brand voice, and flow of the project you’re working on
- Collaborate with the team to accomplish your project and meet deadlines
By the End of the Semester:
- Expand your scope of work to multiple ongoing projects
- Autonomously identify marketing needs based on your knowledge of the organization, deadlines, and workflow
- Work on brand new projects and concepts and involve yourself in the research and development process
- Ability to meet all deadlines
- Ability to turn work around quickly
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable and able to change directions quickly
- Experience in Canva
- Experience working in the back end of WordPress websites
- Experience writing copy and/or blog posts
- Passionate about marketing and growing your skillsets
- You take pride in what hard work can accomplish and have fun in the process!
- Create marketing materials for promotion to customers for both online and physical locations.
- Create content, write copy, monitor, and advertise for Social Media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Linkedin, Blog, eNewsletter and potentially others) on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and implement strategies related to SEO on our websites, such as monitoring metatags, titles, and overall site ranking while looking for opportunities to optimize content.
- Update the website as needed and implement ways to improve the number of website visitors, leads, and sales/conversions.
- Write compelling blog posts and/or news stories weekly, conducting interviews as needed.
- Help out with photography and videography as needed, including editing videos for youtube and social media.
- Communicate with clients and other team members to address your and their needs.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals. Provide daily or weekly monitoring of social media content and its results to address opportunities for growth. Provide recommendations on how to improve performance.
- Assist with marketing presentations and slide decks, as needed, for our executive’s board meetings
- Actively participate in marketing and staff meetings providing solutions and up-to-date information on different projects in progress
This is a contract position that will involve 15 hours of work per week. You will be required to track and record your hours as you work.
For extra credit and an expedited review, you may contact the hiring manager for the company about this job directly, send a copy of your resume, send a writing sample (see below), send interview availability, and any questions to the following email address: [email protected]
Rather than a cover letter, we require applicants to share an example of their ability to write clearly and compellingly. Please submit the following:
Please provide a 300-500 word blog post/article telling us about a Savannah-based activity that locals (not tourists) like. Check out our website at www.choosesav.com to get a sense of our writing style and what we are looking for.