Hilton Head and the Lowcountry
Beaufort County is a hotbed – it’s the fastest growing county in South Carolina and you can find it just over the bridge from downtown Savannah.
Beaufort, Bluffton and Hilton Head are the county’s towns. Pumping fresh water into the marshes and sea, this ecosystem is ripe for the pickin’ for both residents and businesses.
South Carolina offers big ranges, no matter what you’re looking for, with affordable, mid-level, upper-middle, luxury, and ultra-luxury homes and commercial spaces.
What to know about Hilton Head and the Lowcountry:
- Semi-tropical year-round, palm trees, lush eco-systems
- 30 miles of untouched, unspoiled, coastal heaven
- Once a summer resort, always a summer resort – rice and cotton heirs came here in the 1800’s for a little R &R – not much has changed, just now they come from all over
- Personality – B&B’s, antebellum homes, funky restaurants and tucked away artisans, churches and boutiques
- Commercial properties – Class A office space can sell for $165 to 4250/sq ft and can be leased anywhere from $3.50 to $25/square foot
- Residential (including land) – $90-$110/square feet for small lots, housing, and some community amenities to $350-$700/sq ft for extreme luxury accommodations on waterfront lots with access to docks, multiple private golf courses, and self-contained villages and shopping
- Close by are the University of South Carolina at Beaufort and the Savannah College of Art and Design in downtown Savannah
- Beaufort County makes it easy to get where you need to go with 8 Interstate-95 exits. The Savannah/Hilton Head International airport is 20-60 minutes away; over 50 direct flights to metro cities across the U.S. Beaufort’s airport is also used by private aircraft
Information provided by Tim Pierce of Cora Bett Thomas Realty Company.